In conjunction with the Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) online service upgrade, Power and Water is changing its DBYD response software system as part of a larger asset management project.
The process of lodging a request has not changed - call 1100 or login to DigSAFE OneCall - and customers will still need to contact Power and Water if site verification is required.
Power and Water has recently changed the way it responds to requests:
- There will be one combined response from Power and Water incorporating power, water, sewer and communications assets
- The cover sheet has been modified in accordance with DBYD requirements
- Depending on the size of the area requested, customers will now receive multiple utility based map attachments
- Customers will be notified if they have selected an area where Power and Water’s critical assets exist. Remember, do not dig, contact Power and Water first
- If the area selected is too large, customers will be notified to refine their search.