The rig has a pullback capacity of 500 tonnes and is currently working in Asia, completing installation of 36 inch and 42 inch gas pipelines.
The rigs specs are as follows:
- Caterpillar® 700 HP (522 kW) C-18 Tier III Diesel Engine
- 1,100,000 lbs. (500 tonnes) of maximum thrust/pullback power
- 100,000 ft-lbs. (136,000 Nm) of maximum rotary torque
- Rack and pinion four pinion drive with adjustable force limiter
- Wrench travels full length of thrust frame
- Hydraulically-operated pipe supports
- 4 in (102 mm) fluid course permits 1,000 US gallons (3,785 L) per minute flow
- Accommodates range II Drill Pipe
- 10–18° variable drilling angle
- Floating spindle allows simple makeup and breakout
- Dedicated pumps for rotary and thrust
- Adjustable torque limiter for rotary and makeup force
- Run-on-one-technology-system (ROOTS) capable
Coe has two other Maxi Rigs based in Australia, with 250 and 300 tonne pullback capacities. It has been a busy year for Coe with major crossings completed in Indonesia and Malaysia, as well as several crossings over 1, 500 m completed in the North Coast Region of NSW for Country Energy and the Department of Commerce as well as rising main installations in Lismore.